Atkins Diet is based on the postulate: “Sugar – white death”. The basis of the Atkins diet – a very serious limitation of consumption of carbohydrates.
The necessary preparations before starting the Atkins diet:
1. Stop taking drugs.
2. Try to get a general medical examination, especially pay attention to cholesterol, glucose, and insulin in the blood. Atkins Diet is recommended only in good health. Under no circumstances is not recommended for diabetics.
The main purpose of the Atkins diet:
1. Switch the metabolism of your body from burning carbohydrates.
2. Maintaining a constant level of sugar in the blood, to avoid the constant feeling of hunger, sleepiness during the day, etc.
3. Freedom from addiction to sweets and other food addictions.
The Atkins diet is composed of two parts – reducing and maintenance.
The first part is designed for early changes in metabolic processes and physical and psychological addiction to the new eating habits.
The second part is intended to gradually achieve a desired weight and maintain it during later life, without restrictions on calories and nutritional value.
The first phase lasts two weeks, the second, in the opinion of the author, the rest of the life. If in the future rules of the diet repeatedly and flagrantly violated, and the weight becomes a tendency to increase, it is necessary to repeat the first phase, and then return to the second.
Terms reduction diet (phase 1)
1. Daily carbohydrate intake should not exceed 20 grams per day.
2. You should not comply with restrictions in terms of calories and amount of food, but you should eat only when you’re hungry and stop eating when they were filled, and not to eat plenty of painful sensations in the stomach.
3. Nevertheless, there is a strict limitation. If food is not included in the diet, we recommend that it be strictly avoided.
4. The diet consists mainly of protein, fat (mayonnaise, olive oil, butter, etc. in the diet is not limited to), and their combinations. Products containing a combination of proteins and carbohydrates or fats and carbohydrates should be STRICTLY EXCLUDED during the 14 days of diet, because carbohydrates are excluded.
Unlimited consumption of the following products:
All kinds of meat: pork, beef, lamb, ham, dry sausages, etc. (in meat products must always look at the information on the package, to avoid products with carbohydrates fillers).
All kinds of fish.
All kinds of poultry: chickens, geese, ducks, game, etc.
Seafood – contain very little carbohydrate, it is desirable to look at the package.
Eggs cooked all sorts of ways without carbohydrate supplementation.
Vegetables for Salads: Salads leaf, radish, chicory, Chinese cabbage, parsley, cucumber.
Fungi. Olives. Radish. Herbs for salads and cooking: dill, thyme, pepper, tarragon, basil, ginger, rosemary, oregano, cayenne pepper, garlic.
Water. Mineral water. Herbal teas without sugar.
Oil settled all natural vegetable, desirable – olive, walnut, soybean, sesame and sunflower oil, preferably unrefined cold-pressed.
Of the artificial sweetener saccharin allowed, cyclamate, etc. Sucrose, fructose, maltose, etc. prohibited.
Be sure to note that the 14 day diet excludes fruits, bread, cereals, vegetables, starch and sweets.
After 2-week elimination diet theoretically place the necessary changes in the blood and metabolic processes, and now the main task of the method tries to find a suitable level of individual consumption of carbohydrates, which corresponds to your goals.
Scientific point of view.
From a scientific point of view, loss of weight on the Atkins diet can be justified very simply. When the consumption of small quantities of the body goes into the so-called “ketogenic” state, which serve as a source of energy reserves of fat. As a result, you begin to quickly burn fat and consequently lose weight.
This process also stimulates the body of substances called ketones, which initially causes dieting feeling akin to euphoria.